Message from the President
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Together with my team at APPNA STC, I wish you a happy and prosperous New Year.
I am humbled and privileged to assume the role of the President of APPNA STC. I am deeply grateful to my predecessor Dr. Haider Afzal for his leadership and outstanding contribution to APPNA STC during his presidency and the members of the EC and BOT. I am inspired by their commitment and all their achievements. Indeed the growth of the chapter has been propelled collectively by the individuals and all the past presidents and the past members of the EC and BOT.
In this endeavour, I am joined by my colleagues on the Executive committee Dr. Syed Arman Raza (President-Elect), Dr. Mahmood Mehkri (General Secretary), Dr.Mohsin Qayyum (Treasurer) as well as all the Board of Trustees members.
Fellow members, as you know, APPNA is a social welfare non-profit organization which works with our parent organization AAPNA to enhance the welfare of Pakistani-origin physicians.
My team will be working on the following projects this year:
1. Increase our membership by nearly double for the upcoming year. We covered some mileage last year when we reached almost 250 members but since the goal now is to double this number, I urge all of you to encourage all qualified physicians to become STC members, especially young physicians and local graduates of Pakistani parents to become members.
2. Promote Pakistani culture and heritage in the organization and the community.
3. APPNA STC will collaborate with UTHS and Mcgovern medical school to conduct the largest clinical trial in Pakistan for Rh disease in pregnancy
4. APPNA house /Mobile clinic. I look forward to membership advice in the aims of fulfilling this long term agenda and dream of AAPNA STC organization
5. Pantry project with collaboration with APPNA central
6. Back to school project (backpack)
7. Create CME activities especially ACLS, PALS, ATLS.
8. Restructure entertainment such as our successful annual gala in 2019. My office will try to adopt ideas to improve the value for this year’s gala as well as explore options for other social events such as a grand picnic.
9. Improve our inter-mural sports involvement. The APPNA STC cricket tournament has earned its reputation as most organized and fun event for cricket lovers and I know that no other chapter in APPNA holds a candle to our event. We plan on hosting teams from other AAPNA chapters to compete with our stallions.
10. Enhancement of our Organizational Philanthropy through community outreach with a Health Fair and Free Clinic Sessions. There has been a fantastic suggestion to cater to some of our non-insured patients in our clinics and we are always open for suggestions. We also plan on helping charities in our motherland, not only monetarily but with our services and expertise.
Wishing everyone a blessed year,
Long live STC